* Today in Sunday School I listened to several different teenagers walk me through the Romans Road, going verse by verse explaining to me how I could accept Christ!! (Thankfully, I am already saved… but I wonder how many of our adults would pass the same test!)
* During the Morning Worship Service I was able to see some of our normal Praise Team Vocalist sit in the congregation and enjoy Worship from a different angle. Just a month ago, I would not have believed it, but we have many faithful servants who have stepped up to the plate so we can not alternate praise team vocalist. (next up: Instrumentalist!!)
* Today I watched our church people storm the “Missionary Gift Request” table after church. Almost every gift was gone in no time flat. Our people truly rallied together to meet the needs and wants of our missionaries!! I am so excited about the missions conference next week!!!
* Today I watched a father and a son get baptized in our service. It was amazing to see the fruit of faithful witnesses in such a clear way!
* Today at the end of the service we had a new family come and join our church!! Welcome to our church Ron, Linda, and Jonathan Cooper!!! I am excited about serving along side of you!
* Today was our Summer Wilds Registration Sunday!!!! It was amazing! We started sign-ups today, and I was extremely encouraged by the response!!! Praise the Lord, we got the peer pressure pendulum going in the right direction. Everyone was so pumped about going to camp!! I even had to turn down several adult chaperones AGAIN!! I wish I did not have to turn them down!! I WISH WE WERE TAKING 200 TEENAGERS AND THEN WE WOULD DEFINITELY NEED MORE CHAPERONES!!
* Tonight we had a guest speaker: Don Brooks. He was so refreshing to listen too! He was funny, relevant, and impacting! It was a joy to spend time with him and his wife at TGI Fridays after the service. I am thinking that he would be a great guest speaker for a couples retreat that we are beginning to plan for sometime in the next few months.
* It was a great day! I am so excited about this week!! I gave every book away for our “Mens Reading Group” . I tell you what!! There is nothing like seeing a DREAM come to fruition!!! It is amazing! I know this is a small one, but I think it will have a great impact!! Read about what we are doing by clicking on the “Books” link on the right side of this page!!
**McDonalds in front of Books a Million in Port Charlotte, at 6:00AM on Tuesday**
* Thank You Suncoast Baptist Church for letting my family have a part in your lives. It truly is a joy!
* Thank you God for an uplifting day! I hope that we uplifted you!!