What an incredible day at Suncoast Baptist Church. My theme of the day: “The Teenagers are taking over the church, and I am excited about it!!” Here are some of the awesome things that I noticed going on at our church today!
* This morning we had a great day in Sunday School. Some people may think that Sunday School is outdated, ineffective, and old school, but not at Suncoast Baptist Church. Our Sunday School Program is hard core group discipleship. Suncoast Youth Group just spent the last few months learning how to take someone verse by verse very clearly through the Gospel. Today we started doing a book study series and today we studied the first book of the series which also happens to be the first book of the Bible. Genesis. The teenagers learned the 8 most important parts of Genesis: Creation, Fall, Flood, Babel, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph
* Praise team was so pleased to welcome another wind instrument. Jessica Beals joined the praise team today playing the Trumpet. She was great! It was fun because she was very nervous, but she really did an awesome job! I was so suprised at how much it added to the richness of the wind ensemble. Great job Jessica! I wish there were more talented musicians that are willing to use their talent for the Lord at SBC, like Jessica, Emily, Victoria, and Sergio!! Thanks guys!
* Pastor preached a great message this morning on God’s Will! It reminded me of some great thoughts and it obviously challenged many others!
* We had many new faces in our services this morning! It was so exciting to see so many people attend our services for the first time! Those people were DIRECT answers to prayer! Thank you God for hearing and answering our prayers!!
* It was a rainy day and still we had great numbers in our services today! There must be some exciting things going on at Suncoast Baptist Church!
* I got to preach tonight, even better I got to share the burden that God has put within my heart! Here is a VERY SHORT SUMMARY:
Every Thriving Church MUST Multiply Disciples! As I studied Acts 6, I was convicted maybe we are just adding disciples, and not quite multiplying! How can we go from adding to multiplying? If EVERYONE gets involved in three things!
1. We must give ourselves to prayer continually
2. We must give ourselves to the Word of God continually
3. We must develop spiritual leaders around us (Discipleship)
If you missed it, maybe you should just study that passage on your own this week and see how God challenges you with it!
It was a very encouraging night and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
* Then after church tonight we all went and took over the Taco Bell/ KFC in North Port. Literally our church filled the entire dining room! It was a great time of fellowship and a great ending to a rewarding day!
* Let’s be faithful and Prayer and Consistent time in the Word of God this week and see how God uses one week to change our heart! I think after one week, you are going to want to keep it up!! 🙂